BloodBank.MedMic.Haematology

Friday, January 25, 2008

MMIC PBL 2 (VIRUSES)

Types of Viruses

Possibility? (Y/N)

Reasons

Herpesvirus
- Herpes Simplex virus

No

- No animal reservoirs or vectors are involved with the human viruses
- Transmission is by contact with infected secretions

Poxviruses
- Orthopoxvirus
- Parapoxvirus
- Molluscipoxvirus
- Yatapoxvirus

No

- Control & eradication of smallpox
- Human infections are rare

Hepatitis viruses
- Hepatitis A (HAV)
- Hepatitis B (HBV)
- Hepatitis C (HCV)
- Hepatitis D (HDV)
- Hepatitis E (HEV)

Yes for HAV

No for
HBV, HCV, HDV

Transmission of hepatitis viruses:
- Person to person (HAV)
- Fecal-oral (HAV & HEV
- Perinatal (HBV)
- Blood & blood products (HBV, HCV, HDV)

Orthomyxoviruses
(Influenza virus)
- Influenza A (Inlcuding H5N1 avian influenza)
- Influenza B
- Influenza C

Yes

- Transmission through respiratory droplets and contact with contaminated hands
- Transmitted avian virus to humans through pigs or through physical contact with infected birds
- Influenza A: Circulated in birds population, domestic poultry population
- Onset of symptoms: Varies from 1 to 4 days

Paramyxoviruses

- Measles (Rubeola) virus
- Mumps virus
- Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV)
- Parainfluenza virus
- Newcastle disease virus (avian paramyxovirus)
- Nipah virus
- Hendra virus
- Rubella (German Measles Virus)

Yes for Measles (Rubeola) virus, Mumps virus, RSV, Parainfluenza virus, Nipah virus, Hendra virus, Rubella (German Measles Virus)

No for Newcastle disease virus (avian paramyxovirus)

Measles (Rubeola) virus
- Highly infectious disease
- Incubation period/onset of symptoms: 8 to 12 days
- Transmission via respiratory route
- No animal reservoir
Mumps virus
- Contagious; Transmitted by direct contact, airborne droplets, or formites contaminated with saliva or urine.
- Appear in hot climates and temperate climates
Respiratory Syncytial virus
- Spread by large droplets and direct contact
- Survive on environmental surfaces for up to 6 hours
Parainfluenza virus
- Transmitted by direct person-to-person contact or by large-droplet aerosols
- Onset of illness: About 1 week
Newcastle disease virus (avian paramyxovirus)
- Transmission through contact with infected birds
- Eradication of Newcastle disease virus
Nipah virus
- Human-to-human transmission
- Transmission from fruit bats/flying foxes to human through infected pigs
Hendra virus
- Transmission via exposure to bat urine or birthing fluids
Rubella (German Measles Virus)
- Affects children and young adults
- Onset of symptoms: 7 to 9 days
- Transmitted by respiratory route
- Present in the urine, faeces and on the skin.

Picornaviruses
- Enteroviruses
1. Polioviruses
2. Coxsackie viruses
A & B
3. Echoviruses
- Rhinoviruses
- Aphthovirus


Yes for
coxsackie-viruses, echoviruses, rhinoviruses & aphthovirus

No for polioviruses

Coxsackieviruses
- Transmitted primarily via the fecal-oral route and respiratory aerosols
Echoviruses
- Transmitted through ingestion of fecally contaminated materials
Rhinoviruses
- Transmitted to susceptible individuals by direct contact or by aerosol particles
Aphthovirus
- Transmission via contact or ingestion
Poliovirus
- Humans are the only known reservoir of infection with poliovirus.
- Nowadays, most people have become immune early in life.

Arboviruses

Yes

- Transmission vector via mosquito Aedes aegypti
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)

No

- Transmission of HIV:
- Blood & blood products
- Sexual contact Perinatal (mother to child)

Other Human Viruses
- Adenovirus
- Norwalk virus
- Calicivirus
- Filovirus

Yes

Adenovirus
- Spread by direct contact, fecal-oral route, respiratory droplets or by contaminated fomites
Norwalk virus and calivirus
- Both spread by fecal-oral route, food-borne, or person-to-person transmission
Filovirus
- Transmission via human/physical contact with infected bodily fluids although droplet infection can occur


References

1. Levinson, W. (2006). Review Of Medical Microbiology and Immunology. (9th ed.). US: The McGraw-Hill Company

2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page > "microorganism name"

By Doreen & Dorothy
Tg01

1 Comments:

  • At April 22, 2021 at 1:10 PM , Blogger Achima Abelard said...

    My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetes,Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer
    Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancerBipolar Disorder, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Anal cancer.Appendix cancer.Kidney Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancer.Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,OsteoporosisAlzheimer's disease,Brain cancer,Bunyavirus,Dementia.Weak Erection,Love Spell,Leukemia,Fibroid,Norwalk virus,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, ..WhatsApp phone number+ 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home